Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cables cost HOW MUCH??

I like to keep my local businesses in my thoughts when I'm buying stuff. Walmart is generally my third place to look for anything. Yeah, I've got the Hippy Hatred of Chain Stores.

When you need a cable, connector, attachment, etc. price it at a couple of electronics stores, amazon,walmart and ebay.

Remember that shipping costs will eat your lunch. A 75c connector that costs $7 to ship is NOT a good deal. Unless it's only $7 to ship enough stuff to justify the expense.

In Ebay-land make careful note of where the product is coming from. Stuff from China and Taiwan can take a month or longer to make it to your mailbox. Generally, if it's only a little bit more to buy from someone in the US, I take that route. Unless you're someone who needs to be able to return stuff or buying something that is high dollar and does not have a warranty.

Gamestop or Radio Shack will have a cable for $20, on Ebay, maybe $7 with free shipping.

Sometimes, the difference is hardly worth thinking about...just make sure it's in stock.

No comments: