Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beefaroni

My beau and the kids love beefaroni. I'm not that into Chef Boyardee. Buying as many cans of that crap as I'd have to, to feed our tribe is just crazy. I decided to see if I could just make something like it. It was a hit!


Beefaroni Recipe
1# ground beef
1 can 4 cheese Spaghetti Sauce
2 boxes Mac and cheese - one Kraft and one Crap (or two Kraft if you're not pinching pennies or found a good sale..)

Brown and drain your beef. Boil the water and cook the macaroni for the mac and cheese. Add the cheese sauce packets to the dry beef, stir. Add the spaghetti sauce, stir. Add the cooked and drained macaroni. Stir. Put the pot on a hot (but off) eye with a lid on it and let it settle for about 10 minutes.

Voila!

I generally serve this with a side of grapes or some other fruit.

This is a simple and quick meal. It's usually one of the first meals that I let the kids test their cooking skills with.

No comments: